Trevor Hope, Gresham House
Subscribe now: Apple Podcasts | Spotify
Trevor Hope is Chief Investment Officer of Gresham House Ventures, the growth capital arm of one of the UK’s oldest companies.
In recent years, the firm has been growing rapidly, consolidating the market for Venture Capital Trusts, tax-break vehicles for individual investors to access growth business in the UK.
In this podcast with Ross Butler of Linear B Group, Trevor discusses:
- the firm’s approach to value creation with the use of internal talent operating partners who support the building out of managerial capacity in portfolio companies;
- how they identify investment themes and source deals;
- the threats and opportunities of AI;
- the value of IP vs the operational ability to take market share;
- and the firm’s plans to expand its VCT offering and complement it with limited partnership funds.